- Deployed close to EUR 1.9 billion of equity*
- Expanded portfolio to 18 companies, including new investments in Altasciences, BBI, Availity, Esco LifeSciences Group, Medical Knowledge Group and The Ritedose Corporation*
- Increased the Principal Investments’ portfolio value by more than 30% to excess of EUR 10 billion*
- Three successful (partial) exits
- Continued team expansion and established direct presence in the US with opening of Boston office
Copenhagen, Denmark, 29 March 2022 – Principal Investments, the arm of Novo Holdings that invests in leading, well-established, growth-oriented healthcare & life science companies, today publishes its annual newsletter.
Commenting on a highly successful year, Christoffer Søderberg, Managing Partner at Principal Investments, said: “It has been a record year that saw high level activity across all geographies as we capitalised on our focused, proactive, and thematic approach to investing within healthcare and the broader life sciences ecosystem. We provided our portfolio companies with financial and strategic support along with access to an unrivalled network and deep sector expertise.”
Founded in 2013, Principal Investments operates out of Denmark (Copenhagen), the UK (London) and the US (Boston) investing in privately owned and publicly listed companies with a mix of control, co-control and minority positions. Novo Holdings’ Asia investment team, based in Singapore, works in close collaboration with the Principal Investment teams in Europe and the US. We provide access to evergreen funds and look to invest USD 100-500+ million in each situation, always with an engaged, supportive ownership agenda in mind.
*Includes investments in Medical Knowledge Group and The Ritedose Corporation, which were signed in December 2021 but closed in February 2022
For more information, please contact:
Christian Mostrup, Senior Programme Lead, +45 3067 4805, email@example.com